Open opportunities are listed below and will be updated as they become available. Please sign up for the Groundswell newsletter to stay up to date on our activities and opportunities around the world.
There are two available job opportunities at this time:
Volunteer and Internship Opportunities
Volunteers and interns are not only important to our success, they are members and stakeholders in the Groundswell movement.
Summer 2017 Internship Position: Communications & Development Intern, see description below
- Location: Washington, DC
- Period: 15 weeks, May – August 2016 (start and end date negotiable)
- Time: 30 hours per week
The Communications & Development Intern is a part-time position that will work closely with our Director of Resource Development. The internship is based in Washington, DC and we do not accept remote candidates at this time. This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic, young organization making a positive impact in the world. We seek a creative person able to work with our leadership team to assist in developing and implementing fundraising and awareness campaigns, with a willingness to share new ideas and strategies.
Description of Communications & Development Intern Responsibilities:
- Communications & Marketing: Support Groundswell team in developing communications to our supporters. Assist Director of Resource Development in designing, implementing, and measuring awareness campaigns through both social media and traditional channels.
- Social Guru: Developing our online presence to engage and enrich our extended community through Facebook, Twitter, and Groundswell’s Updates from the Ground blog.
- Fundraising: Assist in planning and organizing fundraising campaigns for the fall and spring. Research funding opportunities and assist in development efforts.
- Administrative: Assist team members with daily tasks and occasional errands.
- Ideal candidate is a current undergraduate or graduate student
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal English)
- Commitment to social change and interest in international community development
- Organized with a strong attention to detail
- Articulate and confident in communications
- Excels utilizing social media to leverage community engagement
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and energetic
- Experience in graphic design a plus
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship. Opportunities for course credit are available. If interested in working with Groundswell for course credit, please include this in your cover letter.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note in your cover letter your availability and desired start and end date.