Vision, Mission & Values
We envision a world where communities learn from and support each other locally and globally and take action to protect their rights and resources, build local economies that generate physical, spiritual and environmental wellbeing for all, and have a voice in the decisions that impact their lives.
Groundswell International contributes to the global movement to overcome poverty, inequality and ecological destruction by supporting community-based organizations to work together to improve wellbeing, spread lasting solutions and engage in wider coalitions for change.
- Lasting Change – We address the root causes of poverty and support social change processes that bring lasting improvements in people’s lives and provide equal opportunities for all.
- Community-Led Processes – Our work is people-centered, responds to local priorities, and promotes creativity, innovation and learning.
- Local Action, Global Impact – We seek to strengthen local leadership and organizations while pursuing common global goals by fostering connections between partners.
- Continual Learning – We strive to continuously improve our practice to ensure our work is sustainable, relevant and effective.
- Walking the Talk – We are committed to transparent, grounded actions and maintaining positive, coherent lifestyles that promote the causes we have taken up.