Thank you for your interest in working with Groundswell International.
Purpose and Mission of Groundswell International: Groundswell is a partnership of local organizations working in 10 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, West Africa and South Asia. Our mission is strengthening communities to build healthy farming and food systems from the ground up. The role of staff and consultants is to work and coordinate as an effective team in support of accomplishing our mission and Strategic Framework.
Now Accepting Applications
(Posted June 30, 2021)
Reports to: Executive Director
Purpose of Position: Accomplish key administrative support functions, in support of the staff team as assigned by the Executive Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist the Executive Director and other staff as assigned in the following ways:
Coordination and Meetings
- Ensure invitations for Board meetings, holidays, etc. are on our shared Google calendar.
- Support meeting logistics for any in person meetings, including arranging hotels, food, meeting space, transportation, etc. (Principal meetings are: one staff meeting each quarter; one board meeting in November; global conference in 2022; other meetings as defined.)
- Take meeting notes when requested
- Attend four meetings per year and take minutes for Board Secretary (three zoom meetings on Saturdays from 10am-12pm; one in person for two days in Washington, DC area in November.)
- Maintain up to date board files
- Send board documents for each meeting
- Respond to board logistical support (travel, hotels, etc.) and queries (access to documents, etc.)
Resource Development (RD):
- Support for maintaining and organizing some files on Drop Box, NEON data donor data base, and Google Drive as directed
- Support RD staff with donor acknowledgement letters
- Support RD staff with direct mail logistics
- Support logistics for RD events when scheduled
Finance and Administration:
- Compliance: Maintain Compliance Calendar and ensure all Corporate, Administrative and Legal matters, and ensure all licenses, registrations are maintained and paid for.
- Coordinate with iPostal virtual office vial online portal, email or phone to ensure:
- all mail is scanned and filed appropriately;
- all checks images are saved on Drop Box;
- iPostal deposits any checks;
- Update check log, etc.;
- forwarding other mail (bills, etc.) to appropriate staff for action.
- Responding to occasional phone calls for appropriate action.
- Adjust processing fees for online donations in NEON.
Information Management and Technology (IT)
- File Librarian: Ensure coherent Drop Box and Google Drive structure, and provide support to staff in maintaining files up to date
- Maintain inventory list of equipment (computers, etc.)
- Maintain accounts for software and licenses (MS Office; Google; WordPress, etc.)
- Liaison with IT consultant for software and hardware advice and troubleshooting when necessary.
Other tasks as directed.
- Approximately 10-15 hours per week, depending on demands.
- Initial contract through Dec. 31, 2021, with possibility of extension.
Location and Travel:
- Groundswell’s office is based in Washington DC.
- Remote work arrangement, but Washington, DC area is preferred for occasional in person meetings and tasks.
- Detail-oriented. It is essential that the Administrative Assistant ensure accurate and timely completion of defined responsibilities.
- Groundswell is mission-driven. We seek an individual who wants to work as a part of a mission-driven team.
- Positive and constructive attitude in contributing to our team.
- Experience and demonstrated competency for administrative support.
- Experience with Drop Box, Google suite, and NEON preferred.
Groundswell International is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply at:
Position open until filled.